Belfast Dog Show Society Web Site
Acceptable Use Policy
(1) This Policy This Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) sets out the rules governing the submission of user content (“Content”) to our Website at www.belfastdogshowsociety.com (the “Website”).
Before you can post Content, we will ask you to expressly accept the terms of this Policy.
(2) General restrictions You must not use our Website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the Website, or any of the areas of, or services on, the Website. You must not use our Website:
(a) in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful; or (b) in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity. Content must be suitable for all Website users, including children.
(3) Unlawful and illegal material.
You must not use our Website to store, host, copy, distribute, display, publish, transmit or send Content which is illegal or unlawful, or which will or may infringe a third party's legal rights, or which could give rise to legal action whether against you or us or a third party (in each case under any applicable law). Content (and its publication on the Website) must not:
(a) be libellous or maliciously false;
(b) be obscene or indecent;
(c) infringe any copyright, moral rights, database rights, trade mark rights, design rights, rights in passing off, or other intellectual property rights;
(d) infringe any rights of confidence, rights of privacy, or rights under data protection legislation;
(e) constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
(f) constitute an incitement to commit a crime;
(g) be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order; (h) be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
(i) be blasphemous;
(j) be in breach of official secrets legislation; or
(k) be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person.
You must not submit any Content that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
(4) Graphic material Content must not depict violence in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner. Content must not be pornographic or sexually explicit, or consist of or include explicit, graphic or gratuitous material of a sexual nature.
(5) Harmful software You must not use the Website to promote or distribute any viruses, Trojans, worms, root kits, spyware, adware or any other harmful software, programs, routines, applications or technologies. You must not use the Website to promote or distribute any software, programs, routines, applications or technologies that will or may negatively affect the performance of a computer or introduce significant security risks to a computer.
(6) Factual accuracy Content must not be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading. Statements of fact contained in Content must be true; and statements of opinion contained on Content must be truly held and where possible based upon facts which are true.
(7) Negligent advice Content must not consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if actedupon, cause
(a) illness, injury or death; or
(b) any other loss or damage.
(8) Marketing and spam You must not without our prior written permission use our Website for any purposes related to marketing, advertising, promotion, or the supply and/or sale of goods and/or services. Content must not constitute spam. You must not use our Website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications. You must not use our Website to market, distribute or post chain letters or pyramid schemes or similar material.
(9) Netiquette Content must be appropriate, civil, tasteful and accord with generally accepted standards of etiquette and behaviour on the internet.
Content must not be offensive, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, or menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory. Content should not cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
You must not link to any Website or web page containing material that would, were it posted on the Website, breach the preceding terms of this Policy / Sections above.
(11) Breaches of this Policy
We reserve the right to edit or remove any Content in our sole discretion for any reason, without notice or explanation. Without prejudice to this general right, if you breach this Policy in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached this Policy in any way, we may:
(a) delete or edit any of your Content;
(b) send you one or more formal warnings;
(c) temporarily suspend your access to a part or all of the website;
(d) permanently prohibit you from using a part or all of the website;
(e) block computers using your Internet Protocol address from accessing the Website;
(f) contact your internet services provider and request that they block your access to the Website; and/or
(g) bring court proceeding against you for breach of contract or otherwise.
(12) Banned users
Where we suspend or prohibit your access to the Website or a part of the Website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition (including without limitation using a different account).
Not withstanding the provisions of this Policy, we do not actively monitor content. If you become aware of any material on the Website which contravenes this Policy, please notify us .
(14) Applicable law
This Policy will be governed by and construed in accordance with UK & European law.